If you’re planning on travelling to CSTS via Tram, please note the following service update and allow extra time.
Due to track works at the intersection of La Trobe Street and Swanston Street, the following tram service changes will apply all day on Saturday 28 August and Sunday, 29 August 2010:
Route 3a, 5, 6, 16, 64, 67 and 72 trams will be replaced by buses between Stop 1 Melbourne University and Stop 14 Arts Precinct.
Tram replacement buses will divert around the worksite via Lonsdale Street, Russell Street, Lygon Street and Victoria Street in both directions.
The following tram stops in Swanston Street will not be serviced by the tram replacement bus:
* Stop 1 – Melbourne University
* Stop 7 – Franklin Street
* Stop 8 – La Trobe Street
The following tram stops will be replaced with temporary bus stops nearby:
* Stop 113 – in Lygon Street opposite Lytton Street (to South Melbourne/Toorak only)
* Stop 113 – in Lygon Street, 15m from Lytton Street (to East Coburg/Moreland only)
* Stop 2 – in Swanston Street, 15m from Grattan Street
* Stop 3 – in Swanston Street, 15m from Pelham Street (to city/suburbs only)
* Stop 3 – in Swanston Street, opposite Canada Lane (to Melbourne University only)
* Stop 4 – in Swanston Street, 15m from Queensberry Street
* Stop 6 – in Swanston Street, 15m from Victoria Street
* Stop 9 – in Lonsdale Street, 15m from Swanston Street
* Stop 13 – adjacent to Federation Square tram stop
* Stop 14 – in St Kilda Road opposite the Arts Centre in service lane (to suburbs only)
* Stop 14 – in St Kilda Road outside Arts Centre in service lane (to Melbourne University only)
Yarra Trams suggests you allow extra time for your journey.