The Can’t Stop The Serenity promotional art contest is back for 2013!
In its seven-year history, Can’t Stop The Serenity has raised more than half a million dollars for Equality Now. We can do even more good works this year, but only if people show up! That’s where you come in. The annual logo is a critical tool for raising awareness about the event, building excitement, and getting people into theaters around the world.
Think you’ve got what it takes to design this year’s official promotional artwork? Then read on to learn the rules for this year’s contest, from the CSTS website:
THE SHINY STUFF:
The winner’s artwork will be used as the basis for the T-shirt and promos for the 2013 CSTS season. Additionally, the winner’s artwork will be featured prominently throughout the CSTS global website and social media outlets, plus local event websites and more.
THE (ABBREVIATED) RULES:
- All artwork you submit must be your own. If you plan to incorporate any stock imagery in your entry, you must have documentation showing that you have permission to use and reproduce it.
- It should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway. Don’t use copyrighted artwork in your submission.
- Because this is about Equality Now and Peace in the ‘Verse, there should be no overt violence portrayed within the art.
- The winner’s artwork will be used by CSTS for the purposes of the 2013 CSTS Screenings and events, and for additional promotional purposes until the 2014 artwork has been chosen. No other compensation will be given to the winner.
- There is a limit of 3 submissions per artist.
- You must use the CSTS logo and have it displayed predominantly within the piece you are submitting. You can download various versions of the logo here. These are provided as outlined files, and the official color values are provided.
- The logo may be used in many different ways, including, but not limited to stationery, patches, stickers, web banners, icons, etc. The more flexible your design, the better.
- Each entry should include the following: An isolated version of the logo (no background images), a black and white version of the logo, a mockup of the logo as a poster (may contain additional text and artwork), a mockup of the logo as a T-shirt (may contain additional text and artwork), and a mockup of the logo as an embroidered patch (may contain additional text and artwork).
- For acceptable file types, printing requirements, etc., please see the full contest rules.
SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Submissions must be received no later than 14 October 2012 by 11:59 PM PST (US time) in order to be considered for this contest.
- You may submit up to three pieces for consideration.
- All entries and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All entries which meet the guidelines will be posted on the official CSTS website on 16 October 2012, to be voted on by the general public, closing 21 October 2012 at 11:59 PM PST.
For all the rules, regulations and other red tape-type things, please see the full contest rules.
So get those creative juices flowing and be part of the fun!