General Terms and Conditions
- Memberships are valid to midnight on December 31st of the year indicated on the dog tag, regardless of date of payment.
- No half-year or pro-rata memberships are offered.
- One membership per person. NMB memberships are individual and non-transferable.
- Membership is open to individuals under 18 years of age. Where a member is under 18 years of age, date of birth information must be provided. This is to ensure that the membership can be updated to full adult membership upon their 18th birthday. Members under 18 years of age are not permitted to vote in our Committee of Management elections and on changes to Articles of Incorporation or bylaws.
- Membership does not automatically include membership on the website, forum or social media outlets (such as facebook groups). Members will need to sign up for these separately.
- These terms and conditions may be updated or added to at any time without notice, and will always be available online here.
- Membership payments are final. No refunds will be issued for membership fees.
- Payment is via Paypal only. You do not need a PayPal account to use PayPal.
- All unexpected costs incurred by NMB in the processing of dishonoured membership fees will be charged back to the member.
- New Membership payments are processed via our online store.
- Membership renewal payments are processed via Paypal Invoice.
Membership Processing & Members Register
- New Membership Applications
- In accordance with our Articles of Incorporation, all membership applications require approval. The process is outline in the following points.
- On receipt of the application (via the Online Store), the Membership Officer will contact the Committee, who will decide by resolution whether to accept or reject the application. A decision will be made within 28 business days of the application being received.
- If approved, the member will be notified in writing and receive a membership dog tag stamped with their year of membership and a “base set” which includes an NMB dog tag and chain. Please allow up to 28 business days for the Member Pack to arrive.
- If rejected, the member will be notified in writing, and be refunded any moneys already paid. Refunds will be completed within 14 business days of the notification.
- Membership Renewals
- Membership Renewals are processed each December for the following year.
- In accordance with our Articles of Incorporation, all membership applications require approval, including renewals. Once a member is approved by the Committee for continued membership, a Paypal Invoice will be sent to the email address provided from the initial membership application (unless a new email address has since been provided to the Membership Officer)
- Payment should be made within 14 days. A Reminder Invoice will be sent after 14 days.
- Renewing Members have until 15 January to pay their membership, before they are marked as Lapsed in the Members Register. Members are granted a grace period of 14 days from the Lapsed date to make their Renewal payment. After this time, membership is cancelled. Members wishing to rejoin after the end of the grace period will be processed as new members (with the new member fee being charged).
- Once payment has been received, the member will be notified in writing and receive a membership dog tag stamped with their year of membership. Please allow up to 28 business days for the Member Pack to arrive.
- Members Register
- Once payment has been received and membership has been approved, the member will be added to the New Melbourne Browncoats Members Register.
- It is the member’s responsibility to ensure that member information (such as name, contact email, paypal email, residential address, postal address etc) is kept up to date. Please notify the Membership Officer of any updates as soon as possible. NMB is not responsible for correspondence or mail that is not received due to incorrect information. To update your details, contact the Membership Officer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Members receive a number of benefits. These may include:
- Access to our Members Only email newsletter
- Entry into our monthly Members Only prize draws
- Advance notice of special events and offers
- Member Only discounts on specified items or events
- Discounts offered by third parties
- Member benefits are only available to current financial members.
- Discounts offered by NMB may be offered on specific items or event ticket types only.
- Discounts may require confirmation of membership. This may include being asked to present current NMB dog tags, or confirmation against our Members Register.
- Discounts offered by third parties are subject to the terms and conditions set by those third parties, and NMB will not be held responsible for any dispute with those third parties.
- Member Only discounts do not extend to the purchase of tickets to fundraising events, raffle tickets, auctions, or any other item unless explicitly stated.
- Membership does not grant free or discounted entry to fundraising events.
- It is the Member’s responsibility to keep their membership tags safe.
- Replacement tags may be issued at the discretion of NMB, upon receipt of a nominal replacement fee.
Cancellation of membership
- A member can resign in writing at any time, or by choosing not to renew in accordance with the steps outlined above.
- Members wishing to resign must notify the Membership Officer in writing by email (to email@example.com), by mail to our registered address, by leaving a notice at our registered address, or by hand delivery to the Membership Officer or other member of the Committee of Management.
- No refunds will be provided for cancelled memberships.
Updated: 1 November 2015