Did you miss out on tickets to the Joss Whedon’s sold out appearance at the Melbourne Town Hall on 27 August 2010?

Melbourne Writers Festival (MWF) have a limited number of tickets for this year’s second Keynote Address, An Evening with Joss Whedon.

The remaining tickets for the Joss Whedon event will be released on the MWF website at 11am, Tuesday 24 August 2010

7 Responses to Missed out on tickets to see Joss in Melbourne? MWF will be releasing a limited number tomorrow!

1. Kayla says:

May I ask if you got the time wrong on this? I've just been to the website you mentioned, and they've got the second release as sold out. And it's only a minute past 11am! πŸ™

2. Jen says:

The information was provided by MWF in their email newsletter, so I assume it's correct.

• Iain says:

They popped up for about 2 seconds and then they were back to sold out, i'm guessing their "limited number" was 2 tickets…

• Kayla says:

It certainly would be interesting to know how many tickets were in this release. Thanks for letting me know I wasn't just seeing things! πŸ™‚

3. Kayla says:

Thanks Jen. Methinks they may have been telling little fibs – there's no way that they could sell out and have it shown as sold out on the paget hat quickly. I'm not sure when the tickets were sold, but I doubt that they were when they advertised it to be.

Oh well. I will just have to hope and pray that Joss drops by on Saturday *sigh* This will be the second time I'll have missed him πŸ™ The first time he was here, I could have got tickets to see him (I was on the website for the tickets when they were released!) but I was travelling to USA at the time he was here. Now, I just can't seem to catch a break on getting access to tickets πŸ™

• Jen says:

The original Joss tickets sold out in about 15 mins, so I'm guessing that this limited number sold out even quicker (especially since there are many people subscribed to the MWF email list now). I'm sorry you missed out, but we look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

4. Jen says:

According to @MelbWritersFest, the Tuesday offering was for 50 tickets: https://twitter.com/MelbWritersFest/status/221477