*** UPDATE: EVENT POSTPONED TO 2017 ***
Browncoats Unite! The New Melbourne Browncoats are calling on all Browncoats to join us for a Charity Gala in support of Fareshare, to rescue food and fight hunger!
After our tragic defeat in the war against the Union of Allied Planets, countless veterans are now facing hunger. Jobs are scarce, discrimination from the Alliance is rife, and our vets need your help! So let us unite for a cause! There will be music, dancing, and fabulous fashions, all nestled in a haven of glamour amongst the energetic bustle of Brunswick.
Saturday, 8 October 2016 from 7-11pm
Tickets & Event Packages
Civilian Pack – $60
The Civilian Pack is your basic no-frills ticket to our Browncoat Charity Gala. It includes a two course meal, two drinks (basic alcoholic beverages or soft drinks) and a special gift to remember the evening by.
We are also offering a number of packages to add something extra special to your evening.
- Private’s Supply Pack – $100 – The Private’s Supply Pack is the entry ranked Supply Pack. It includes 1 Gala Ticket (see Civilian Pack) plus a Firefly Coaster Set, 3 Raffle Tickets and 1 Entry into our Exclusive Prize Draw.
- Corporal’s Supply Pack – $100 – The Corporal’s Supply Pack is the second level Supply Pack. It includes 1 Gala Ticket (see Civilian Pack) plus a mini plush Serenity, 3 Raffle Tickets and 1 Entry into our Exclusive Prize Draw
- Sergeant’s Supply Pack – $135 – The Sergeant’s Supply Pack is the third highest ranked Supply Pack. It includes 1 Gala Ticket (see Civilian Pack) plus a large plush Serenity, 3 Raffle Tickets and 2 Entries into our Exclusive Prize Draw.
- Lieutenant’s Supply Pack – $135 – The Lieutenant’s Supply Pack is the second highest ranked Supply Pack. It includes 1 Gala Ticket (see Civilian Pack) plus a Firefly Coaster Set, a mini plush Serenity, 3 Raffle Tickets and 2 Entries into our Exclusive Prize Draw.
- Captain’s Supply Pack – $170 – The Captain’s Supply Pack is the highest ranked Supply Pack. It includes 1 Gala Ticket (see Civilian Pack) plus a Firefly Coaster Set, a large plush Serenity, 3 Raffle Tickets and 3 Entries into our Exclusive Prize Draw.
All tickets and Event Packages are available in our Online Store.
This is an 18+ only event. ID will be checked on arrival, and anyone under 18 will not be permitted entry or refund.
- Grand Auction: Place your bids for a chance to win amazing collectables.
- Exclusive Prize Draw: Holders of Supply Packs are all entered into an exclusive prize draw to win a very special prize.
- Raffles: Enter into our fantastic raffle to win great Browncoat themed prizes.
- Door Prize: One lucky guest will win a special prize.
Dinner & Drinks
On arrival you will be issued with two Beverage Tokens, which can be exchanged at any point during the evening at our Browncoat Bar. Beverage Tokens can be used for basic alcoholic beverages (wine or beer) or soft drinks. Additional drink options will be available for purchase, including a curated selection of specialty cocktails.
Guests are welcome to select their own seating in our grand dining hall, where you will partake in a sumptuous two course meal from our mouth watering buffet. Special dietary requirements can be catered for, so be sure to let us know when you purchase your tickets.
Step back in time and enjoy the fabulous old world glamour of the Brunswick Town Hall (233 Sydney Road, Brunswick). Built in 1876, this historic venue was saved from the wrecking ball in the 1970s by a band of passionate independents (much like our own fierce fighters).
How to get there:
- Train: Take the Upfield Line Train to Jewell Station, then walk along Railway Parade, Union Street and Sydney Road (approximately a 10 minute walk)
- Tram: Take Route 19 Tram to Stop 21 (Brunswick Town Hall/Sydney Rd) – Approximately 20 minutes from Flinders Street Station.
- Bus: Two-minute walk from Bus Route 506 on Dawson Street.
- Parking: Street parking is available. Ticket parking across from the Brunswick Baths on Dawson Street (400 metres). Free parking behind the Mechanics Institute on weeknights and weekends (100 metres)
Accessibility: The venue is wheelchair friendly.
Cloakroom: Storage of coats and bags is available for no additional charge in our cloakroom. Access to stored items will be available via our cloakroom staff.
Whatever Shall I Wear?
Formal attire is essential. We encourage guests to wear formal uniforms or to dress to impress. Don your very fine hat, fancy gown, pretty little bonnet or your flashiest after-five finery. Be inspired by the wonderful costumes worn by Inara throughout the documentary series “Firefly”, and by the array of dapper suits worn by the gentleman in the episode titled “Shindig”. Outfits from any era are welcome, from historical civil war outfits to modern and Asian influenced apparel.
Zoe: If I’m gonna wear a dress, I want something with some slink.
Wash: You want a slinky dress? I can buy you a slinky dress. Captain, can I have money for a slinky dress?
Jayne: I’ll chip in.
Zoe: I can hurt you.
Looking for more ideas? Why not check out some of these sites for inspiration.
- New Melbourne Browncoats Pinterest Board
- Browncoats.com Costume Resources
- Costumersguide.com Firefly
- Fireflyfans.net Browncoat Ball Costume Link
- StillFlying.net Shindig Screencaps
Poster art kindly provided by Nyco Rudolph.